Table of Contents
- 1 What happens during OS installation?
- 2 What are the steps in installing an operating system Windows 7?
- 3 What are the things to consider before installing the operating system?
- 4 What file system is used during installation?
- 5 What are the steps in installing an operating system?
- 6 What is the role of operating system in the application software and computer?
What happens during OS installation?
During the installation process, most operating systems automatically partition and format available hard drive space. A technician should understand the process and terms relating to hard drive setup. Primary partition – This primary partition containing the operating system files is usually the first partition.
What are the steps in installing an operating system Windows 7?
Windows 7 Installation with Pictures:
- Step1: Booting Files:
- Step2: Prepare to Install Now :
- Step3: Click on the Custom option.
- Step4: Select the Drive then If you need Format the Drive:
- Step5: After Format Drive Select the Drive:
- Step6: Click on Next.
- Step7: Create Username and Password.
What should be done before installing Windows 7 operating system?
Before You Begin
- Take a data inventory. During an upgrade, data can move or get lost.
- Make a physical copy of all critical system-related information.
- Remove spyware and run your antivirus program.
- Clean up data.
- Check your hard disk.
- Back up your data.
What should be done after installing Windows 7 operating system?
10 steps to take after installing Windows 7
- Get Windows 7 anti-virus. It’s a dangerous world out there, so the very first step you should take on any Windows 7 system is to get yourself protected with an anti-virus tool.
- Tweak the Windows 7 taskbar.
- Customise Explorer.
- Uncover secret wallpaper.
- Speed up Windows 7.
What are the things to consider before installing the operating system?
Key elements to consider before upgrading your operating system
- Your Current Platform. What operating system are you using currently?
- Usability. An operating system won’t do you much good if your people can’t use it well.
- Vendor Support.
- Upgrade Time & Cost.
What file system is used during installation?
NT File System (NTFS) NTFS is the modern file system Windows likes to use by default. When you install Windows, it formats your drive with the NTFS file system.
What should be done first before reformatting your PC?
Save Your Files – One of the first things you should do before reformatting your hard drive, is saving your files. Although this may sound as something most people do automatically, some may not. Take a look at your computer and be sure to save all of your videos, music files and documents.
What should you do after installing Windows?
8 Important Things to Do After Installing Windows 10
- Run Windows Update and Configure Update Settings.
- Make Sure Windows Is Activated.
- Update Your Hardware Drivers.
- Install Essential Windows Software.
- Change Default Windows Settings.
- Set Up a Backup Plan.
- Configure Microsoft Defender.
- Personalize Windows 10.
What are the steps in installing an operating system?
Operating System Installation Tasks
- Set up the display environment.
- Erase the primary boot disk.
- Set up the BIOS.
- Install the operating system.
- Configure your server for RAID.
- Install the operating system, update the drivers, and run operating system updates, as necessary.
What is the role of operating system in the application software and computer?
An operating system is the most important software that runs on a computer. It manages the computer’s memory and processes, as well as all of its software and hardware. It also allows you to communicate with the computer without knowing how to speak the computer’s language.
What file system does Windows 7 use?
NTFS, short for NT File System, is the most secure and robust file system for Windows 7, Vista, and XP. It provides security by supporting access control and ownership privileges, meaning you can set permission for groups or individual users to access certain files.
What filesystem can I install Windows 7 on?
Windows 7 utilizes the NTFS file system which is the most commonly used system nowadays.